Despite your best efforts, you’re going to run into roadblocks when you’re recruiting. Analyze your hiring funnel to locate and assess these roadblocks. Then, find the recruiting solutions you need to optimize the process.
In many cases, the delays may appear to be the fault of your personnel. Do these scenarios sound familiar?
- The manager isn’t responding to the resumes I send.
- It takes us almost 4 weeks to schedule interviews with the interview team.
- The approval manager sat on the new personnel requisition for several weeks before we could post the position.
- It takes forever to manually post our positions to targeted job boards.
- It takes us several weeks to screen all of the candidates we receive.
While these hurdles could be cleared with a better, bigger, or more responsive team, you don’t have to fire your staff to find recruiting solutions that can streamline your process. To understand the need for a solution, you need to examine the scope of the problem.
How Much Is It Costing?
Here’s an example. You’ve had a Project Manager position open for a little over 90 days. Your delay in filling the position has stopped the progress and completion of an important project, forcing you to go past the promised date of delivery. If your rate is $175 an hour, those 90 lost days of revenue would total $126,000 for just one unfilled position. Even more importantly, you run the risk of losing additional business to a competitor.
Find Your Roadblocks
Do you know which steps in your process are slowing or halting your hiring decisions? Some of the most common blockages include:
- Creating and approving a well-written job description.
- Posting new jobs to a variety of job boards.
- Getting resumes in front of the hiring manager.
- Reviewing candidate resumes.
- Communication between interviewer and interviewee.
- Lengthy response time between applicants and hiring managers.
Take a few weeks or months to track and analyze key recruiting metrics, so you can see where the process stalls.
Recruiting Solutions Can Help
A cost-effective web-based applicant tracking system (ATS) gives your team the flexibility and time to focus on the most important issues. An ATS automates many of the steps currently slowing down the hiring process. These recruiting solutions shorten the hiring cycle significantly by opening, approving, and posting job openings in less than a day. Your candidate pool is improved via pre-screening questions. Your hiring managers can manage and communicate with applicants via the system. Want proof that these recruiting solutions actually work? An applicant tracking system gives you instant access to those same key recruiting metrics you’ve been measuring, so you can watch as retention rate and revenue increase while time-to-hire and turnover rate decrease.
Automation tools are the recruiting solutions every business needs – even small businesses. Leverage the unique abilities of an applicant tracking system to optimize your hiring funnel and overcome the pesky roadblocks wasting your time and money.
- Video Interviewing Helps Recruiters Hire Remotely While Social Distancing - March 26, 2020
- How Manager Feedback and Interview Evaluations Improve Hiring in 2020 - February 17, 2020
- The Ultimate Guide to Onboarding Your Next Employee - August 29, 2019