At ApplicantStack, our best indication of success is the happiness of our customers. Today, we are excited to announce that we have been recognized by G2 Crowd on their Best Software Companies 2018 list. The list recognizes the top 100 software companies based on real customer reviews in 2017, and we are so excited to be featured!
We are also pleased to announce that we have been named one of the Top 50 Small Business in 2018.
G2 Crowd is the world’s leading business software and services review platform, leveraging it’s 300,000+ user reviews to help its more than one million buyers each month make smarter purchasing decisions. To qualify for inclusion on the list, a company must receive 100 or more reviews in 2017.
This is a significant recognition because this rating came entirely from our customers. This recognition by our customers is incredible, and something we’re extremely proud of and thankful for.
To the customers that have reviewed us on G2 Crowd, thank you! We appreciate your feedback and will continue striving to exceed your expectations.
See for yourself and start a FREE 15-day trial!
ApplicantStack: Best of 2017
As we prepare to recycle the 2017 kitten and puppy calendars for their updated versions, we want to take a minute to look back at what a wonderful year 2017 has been. We bring you the “ApplicantStack: Best of 2017” The ApplicantStack team has worked hard to bring our customers new features to make recruiting and onboarding even better!
Although we are gearing up for an exciting 2018, here are some features that we rolled out in 2017:
May 2018 bring you many new opportunities, and may your goals for the New Year ahead stay firm, turning all your goals into reality and all your efforts into great achievements.
Request your 15-day no obligation trial here!
“What’s your current salary?” can no longer be asked when interviewing a candidate for a job. The law, which bans employers form asking candidates about their salary is an attempt to address the gender pay gap. Women, on average, still earn about 80 cents to a man’s dollar nationwide, according to the National Women’s Law Center, and the gap has not narrowed substantially in the past decade.
The following states, according to Business Insider, have banned the salary question:
- Californiahas banned private and public employers from asking about a candidate’s pay history. The law will take effect in January 2018, according to HRDive.com.
- Delaware banned all employers from asking candidates about their salary history. The law will take effect in December 2017, according to Duane Morris.
- Massachusettsprohibited all employers from inquiring about a candidate’s pay history. This law will go into effect in July 2018, according to Mass.gov.
- New Orleans banned inquiries about all city departments and employees of contractors who work for the city. The rule is already in effect, but, in this case, it only impacts individuals who are interviewing to work for the city of New Orleans, according to WDSU.
- New York Cityhas banned public and private employees from asking about a candidate’s pay history. The law goes into effect October 31, 2017, Business Insider previously reported.
- Oregonhas banned all employers for inquiring about a candidate’s salary history. The law goes into effect January 2019, according to Jackson Lewis.
- Philadelphia banned the salary history question for all employers. The rule was supposed to take effect May 23, but a judge halted it temporarily due to a lawsuit from the Chamber of Commerce, according to NBC.
- Pittsburghbanned city agencies from asking about candidates’ pay history. The rule is effective immediately, but only effects city employees, SHRM reported.
- Puerto Rico banned employers from inquiring about a candidate’s pay history. The law will go into effect March 2018, according to Jackson Lewis.
New ApplicantStack customers will have applications questionnaires that no longer have the question. If you would like us to include the question, then please contact support at https://help.www.applicantstack.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
For any existing customer that would like the question removed, please contact us immediately at https://help.www.applicantstack.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and we will remove the question from your application.
Whether you are a B2B or a B2C, you want to be prepared for your busy hiring season.
Here are a few simple tips:
1. Employee Referrals:
Take advantage of employee referrals. You get great results developing ways for current employees to recommend new hires. Who better to understand the culture and work load than a current employee? Make sure you have easy to use tools in place to achieve this. And don’t forget about incentives!
2. Focus on the top candidates:
Have a clear understanding of what you are looking for. Screen resumes and add scoring to focus your efforts on the most valuable candidates. Don’t waste your time weeding through hundreds of resumes. Focus on the top candidates that score the highest based on screener questions.
3. Make scheduling easy:
Know your hiring manger’s schedule so you can make the most out of everyone’s time. Have tools in place to see calendar availability.
4. Have a solid candidate workflow in place:
Have a clear candidate workflow in place so you know what needs to get done and by whom before the rush begins.
5. Video Interviewing might be a great solution:
Look into video interviewing! Products like SparkHire work well.
6. Make onboarding your new employee easy with an Employee portal:
Once you find the right candidate
make sure you have an onboarding process in place. Allow new hires to complete all of the necessary paperwork by creating a portal for ease of use.
7. Most importantly, enjoy the holidays!
Want to learn more? Subscribe to our newsletter:
[contact-form-7 id=”16783″ title=”Subscribe”]
Houston, TX, August 03, 2017 –(PR.com)– DISA Global Solutions announced a new partnership with ApplicantStack, a highly recognized and respected applicant tracking system. DISA, focused on improving background screening services, enhances the hiring process with this new addition, and helps to create a safe working environment for all clients. “We are very excited about this new partnership and integration. It allows ApplicantStack and DISA the ability to offer more solutions to our existing clients through a consolidated process, and we will continue to identify additional service offerings based on customer feedback,” said Colin Woods, DISA’s vice president of sales operations.
“Our partnership with DISA provides a tremendous new value to our ApplicantStack customers. With this new integration, ApplicantStack and DISA customers now have an end-to-end recruiting solution that allows them to quickly post jobs to all major job boards, receive high quality candidates, and then efficiently screen candidates through DISA as part of an automated hiring workflow,” said Nathan Shackles, ApplicantStack CEO.
About DISA Global Solutions, Inc.:
DISA enables employers to make the most informed hiring decisions possible. Innovative technology and comprehensive testing protocols combine to provide a full-service, integrated employee screening solution which includes drug and alcohol testing, background screening, transportation compliance, and occupational health screening and safety training, allowing companies to move faster – confident that hiring standards will contribute to the success of their business. To learn more, visit www.disa.com
ApplicantStack is an affordable and easy-to-use Applicant Tracking System for any size organization. ApplicantStack is used by thousands of organizations worldwide, from single recruiters to global corporations with 10,000+ employees.
As a provider of Drug testing and background screening services with more than 30 years of experience, DISA helps thousands of companies across the globe make more informed staffing decisions by offering a broad array of industry-leading screening and compliance services.