Choosing the Right Recruiting Software can Help with EEO and OFCCP Compliance
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) is responsible for ensuring that companies follow the proper policies and procedures regarding Equal Opportunity Employment (EEO).
An important part of these requirements is that companies follow guidelines for collecting, storing and reporting information that is gathered for Internet job applicants. There are specific data collection methods, record keeping and reporting requirements that companies must be aware of and follow in order to be in full compliance.
The good news is that an emerging set of software applications called Applicant Tracking Systems can help companies comply with these regulations by automating the capture, collection, storage and reporting of these data.
To help ensure EEO and OFCCP compliance make sure your Applicant Tracking System can:
- Capture voluntary EEO information from each applicant.
- Automatically record the reason for “non-selection” for every applicant.
- Record the minimum qualifications for each job position.
- Track the workflow associated with each applicant in case of an audit
- Provide reporting that can show the company captured the key information for each candidate and for each hired candidate
For more information visit the United States Department of Labor website here.