Today’s post explores a fundamental issue in the recruiting industry: why you should automate recruiting.
Do you work as a hiring manager? HR director? Small business owner? It you are using paper-based recruiting processes, this post is for you.
Let’s discuss why you should automate recruiting.
Why Automate Recruiting?
- Process applicants more quickly and efficiently
- Create more effective screening materials
- Manage multiple job openings simultaneously
- Collaborate more easily with your hiring team members
- Engage with millennials and younger job candidates
- Reduce hiring expenses
- Stop duplicating work among your team
How Do You Automate Recruiting?
An applicant tracking system (ATS) is a type of HR software that automates hiring processes.
ATS software is similar to a customer relationship management (CRM) system. It allows you to track and manage applications, candidate interactions, online job postings, and team communication.
- Collect and track hundreds of applications and resumes
- Establish a central database of current and former applicants (talent pipeline)
- Create branded templates for job descriptions, questionnaires, emails
- Post to your favorite job boards with a single signon
- Track applicants through each hiring stage
- Changing an applicant’s stage triggers actions (i.e. emails, background checks, etc)
- Applicants complete pre-screening questionnaires and schedule interviews with a self-service interface
- Team members access cloud-based ATS’ from any mobile device—manage recruiting anytime, anywhere
Streamline Interview Scheduling
Scheduling technology simplifies interviews. Your team members mark their availability on a shared calendar. The ATS candidate interface presents applicants with pre-approved interview time slots.
This saves so much time you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
It also shows your company’s commitment to technology-driven efficiency and convenience. Millennials make up the largest employee demographic. Gen Z-ers are coming of age and entering the workforce. Both groups engage using digital tools. You simply can’t attract these potential employees without automated recruiting software.
Recruit from anywhere using mobile apps. See your ATS dashboard on any connected device. How are your job postings performing? Which applicants have completed screening questionnaires? Who’s interviewing tomorrow?
You have all that in your pocket. Around-the-clock. Recruiting superstars use mobile tools. You can too.
The Power of Pre-Screening
You post the job. Then you gather applications and resumes. Now the tedious, time-intensive pre-screening work begins. The pre-screening stage is a slowdown for many recruiting teams. If any recruiting task has been screaming for automation, this is the one.
You can pre-screen when a candidate applies with a custom application. Or email a questionnaire shortly afterwards. Video screening is also a brilliant recruiting innovation. With a pre-recorded video interview, the job applicant records a video of themselves answering screening questions. They can do it at their convenience—the software handles it. You can see your applicants before you invite them to schedule an in-person interview.
Automated pre-screening reliably shortens time-to-hire. It also helps you find higher quality employees faster by isolating top candidates.
Branded Recruitment Marketing
ATS’ let you brand your recruitment marketing. Job postings, applications, and candidate emails blend seamlessly with all of your marketing.
This helps your company present a cohesive image to applicants, customers, employees—and investors. This provides an important competitive edge. Especially for companies in industries with a low ATS adoption rate.
Establish Talent Pipelines
Today’s hiring challenges call for multiple recruiting techniques. One of these is creating and continually expanding a talent pipeline. An ATS collects and tracks applicants for your current job openings. Plus, it retains all applicants’ pertinent info in your database. This is critical for meeting long-term staffing needs.
Forward-thinking companies nurture applicant relationships in their talent pipeline. In the same way CRM systems help you connect with customers, ATS’ allow you to share relevant content as often as you like.
Automate Recruiting With ApplicantStack
ApplicantStack recruiting software automates every aspect of your hiring operations. It was designed by HR professionals for HR professionals. ApplicantStack is cloud-based, so you and your team can access it on any connected device. We handle the updates and rigorous data security protocols.
You can start using ApplicantStack today. Setup is quick and intuitive. But don’t let ease-of-use imply low-level functionality. ApplicantStack is a full-service applicant tracking system for companies of any size.
- Why 2021 Hiring is Hopeless Without an Applicant Tracking System - November 20, 2020
- Why Structured Interviews are Critical [Win at Hiring in 2021] - November 10, 2020
- Root Out These 7 Insidious Hiring Biases to Increase Workforce Diversity - July 2, 2020